Friday, May 05, 2006

Waves vs. Rock

On the windowsill in my office I have a rock collection. Each rock has a story, including a smooth dark rock I snatched from a Newfoundland beach. Every time I hold it in my hand I wonder, "How many drops of water over how many years did it take to transform this rock from rough to smooth?" Contemplating the answer to that question helps me be more patient with situations that are slow to change.

So go ahead, call me a "drip." God uses little drips like me and you to smooth out the world's rough places. It just takes some time--and lots of drips working together.

In my original photo, the rock enduring the perpetual pounding of waves is at Cape Onion, on the northern tip of Newfoundland's great northern peninsula.

See this cross with text at http://www.fototime.com/inv/598C3EC153C18D7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!