Thursday, April 06, 2006

Old Pickup

Our youth Sunday School teacher, knowing of my crosses, asked, "Our lesson is on transformation next Sunday--do you have a cross of something ugly that becomes transformed into something beautiful?"
I had none; I tend to take pictures of beautiful things. So I headed off to the local scrap iron facility for a photo shoot. There, I saw a magnificent old rusty hulk of a Chevy pickup. Two employees of the junkyard saw a man with a camera taking pictures of their piles of rusty debris and asked me to leave, assuming that I was one of the local people trying to get the place closed down for its distinct lack of beauty near downtown Beatrice, Nebraska. I explained what I was doing, but complied immediately, knowing that I already had the photos I needed.
This cross is a reminder of the gift of divine transformation.

CruxPhotos collection

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!