Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Brown 2

On the twenty-fourth day of the eleventh month, the month of Shebat, in the second year of Darius, the word of the LORD came to the prophet Zechariah son of Berekiah, the son of Iddo.

During the night I had a vision—and there before me was a man riding a red horse! He was standing among the myrtle trees in a ravine. Behind him were red, brown and white horses.

I asked, "What are these, my lord?"

The angel who was talking with me answered, "I will show you what they are."

Then the man standing among the myrtle trees explained, "They are the ones the LORD has sent to go throughout the earth."

And they reported to the angel of the LORD, who was standing among the myrtle trees, "We have gone throughout the earth and found the whole world at rest and in peace."
Zechariah 1:7-11

...and that is the ONLY appearance of the word "brown" in Scripture. No explanation is given of the significance of the three colors. (more on this tomorrow)

If only a herd of earth-exploring horses could find "the whole world at rest and in peace" today!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!