Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Grand Canyon 8

As a young boy I used to gather small rocks, place them on our cement driveway, then smash them with my dad's hammer to see the bright colors and interesting textures that lay hidden inside their dull exteriors (stupid to do without safety glasses). I also made a collection of special rocks, some of which sit today on the windowsill of my office.

My interest in geology has never gone much beyond simply being interested, but the geologist's paradise called the Grand Canyon certainly reinforced my long-standing fascination with rocks, minerals, and the earth's history.

This cross is also on one of my calendar pages. I thought that "wide and long and high and deep" connected the verse and the photo quite well!

See all my CruxPhotos collections




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!