Thursday, February 22, 2007

Grand Canyon 2

When I was a student at Hesston College--some time ago--I wrote a paper for Communications professor Melva Kauffman in which I wrote: "I believe that China exists. But because I've never been there, I don't KNOW China exists." In response, Melva wrote in the margin, "You are an existentialist--a reputable one!"

I didn't know what an existentialist was, so I looked it up--which didn't help much. I still have difficulty explaining what an existentialist is, but though I never had any doubt about about the existence of the Grand Canyon, after seeing and experiencing it for the first time this summer, I now KNOW it exists.

Do I BELIEVE God exists? Or do I KNOW God exists? Does it make any difference?

Want to frame this cross? Order a print!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!