Saturday, June 03, 2006

At Home

If I ever get to Switzerland again, I'd like more time, and I'd like the clouds to move away so that I can see the tops of the mountains. In other words, my first and only visit to Switzerland was brief and cloudy.

This photo was taken in the general area from which my Schlunegger ancestors came. From the dizzying vantage point of Wengen, the view is of the cloudy glacier-carved Lauterbrunnen Valley below. I had a sense of being "at home," especially when the clerk at Hotel Falken in Wengen--after studying my genealogy chart which I had brought along and saying, "You are VERY Swiss"--looked into my eyes and said, "There's someone here in Wengen with eyes EXACTLY like yours." That someone wasn't home and I didn't get to meet them. Maybe next time.

A strange place, a new place, and yet I felt at home. Sort of like heaven!
See my entire cross collection; order prints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!